Choice of venue
- Choose conference facilities in the city centre that are within walking distance of the hotels and the city
- Require that caterers supply local and sustainable produce
- Offer tap water instead of bottled water
- Avoid single use cutlery, plates, cups, etc.
- Agree on a waste sorting policy with the conference venue where the waste is sorted in accordance with Aalborg Municipality’s guidelines
- Donate leftover food, flowers and materials to, for example, shelters, nursing homes, etc.
- Examine which options are available in terms of reducing electricity consumption
- Make it clear that Aalborg is a city where you can walk to pretty much everything
- Introduce Aalborg’s many public transportation options, such as train, bus and bicycle
- Encourage guests to utilise the new train connection from Aalborg Airport that quickly takes you to the centre of Aalborg, just a short walk away from Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center’s backyard
- Inform the guests about the hotels that have a green profile or an environmental certification, for example via a list of hotels and their sustainability efforts
- Make informational materials, participant lists, etc. available online
- Limit the amount of printed materials and disposables
- Utilise sustainably produced conference materials and products from sustainable suppliers
- Use recycled paper to make nametags
- Encourage guests to return their nametags, plastic covers, key hangers, etc.
- Tell the guests about the sustainable efforts behind the event
- Tell the guests about how they can contribute to the sustainable agenda